- To guide the health development in Sri Lanka;
- To assist in the implementation of the national health policy;
- To promote postgraduate studies in the field of Medical Administration;
- To undertake health systems research;
- To promote and foster professional advancement of Medical Administration;
- To regularly review the status of Medical Administration in the country and analyze problems in the field to guide the Ministry of Health (and the private sector) inclusive of human resource development and resource mobilization;
- To foster fellowship among the professionals engaged in the field of Medical Administration; and
- To publish a journal of Medical Administration.