Job Description: Secretarial Assistant for the Office of the College of Medical Administrators of Sri Lanka (CMASL)
Under the general supervision of the CMASL Officer bearers and day to day supervision of the Hon. Secretary, the incumbent’s duties will include:
1) Coordination of the activities related to office of the CMASL on a daily basis including filing of documents and handling of the petty cash float.
2) Assist in the implementation of the CMASL activities;
a. Acknowledging and responding to mail both postal and email correspondence in a timely manner
b. Maintaining the Membership registry and undertake updating of the same with authorization of the Secretary
c. Coordination of the organizing of monthly Council meetings
d. Updating the College website
3) Assist and coordinate relevant meetings of the CMASL with other bodies, particularly with the Ministry of Health, and any other relevant health sector stakeholders
4) Assist in the preparation of minutes of meetings, schedule appointments, assist with keeping of accounts and preparation of letters/ proposals and attend to other documents as instructed by the relevant Council Members.
5) Assist and coordinate joint meetings with the Minister, Secretary and DGHS and other offices in the Ministry of Health.
6) Support in coordination and communication with other Ministry of Health Units/Directorates for meetings related to administrative matters including meetings with other Colleges.
7) Assist in organizing the Annual Scientific Sessions and AGMs of the CMASL.
8) Any other work as assigned by the supervisor.
Good knowledge of English and good knowledge of local language/s.
Through knowledge of modern office procedures and practices. Ability to draft standard correspondence; ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, and confidentiality, as required. Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through on-the-job training and/or self-training.
· Honesty and integrity
· Show Respect to those who require your assistance
· Producing results
Salary and period of contract: Negotiable
(Rs. 35,000 – 50,000 per month) on a contract basis for one year initially, with probation period of 3 months and with provision for further extension at the end of contract.
Full-time basis on weekdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and flexible hours on days of Council meetings and other special activities of the College (i.e.Annual Scientific Sessions, AGM, etc.).